What is a NAS Device and How Do You Set Up A VPN on It?
NAS stands for network attached storage. NAS devices are dedicated file storage devices which can serve files to users. A NAS device is connected to your network, so all users can access files from a central location easily. With a VPN installed on your NAS device all traffic will be sent over the VPN network, ensuring your files remain private and secure. With a VPN for NAS, such as VyprVPN, you will enjoy many valuable features including access to VyprVPN's over 700 server locations worldwide and several protocols to choose from. These protocols include OpenVPN 265-bit and PPTP.
- Sign up for a VPN service. VyprVPN is fast and highly-secure, with no third parties.
- Follow the instructions for installing VyprVPN on your NAS device.
- Launch the app and log in with your credentials.
- Select your VPN protocol and server location, then click Connect.
- That's it! An extra layer of privacy and security is now activated for your NAS device.
For detailed instructions on installing VyprVPN on your NAS device, view our support pages:
- How to install VyprVPN for QNAP
- How to install VyprVPN for Synology